Our Privacy Promise
Transparency – We will always tell you what data we’re collecting about you and how we use it. We never share data without your consent.
Secure – We are committed to always follow best practices to ensure your data is stored safely and securely. We protect the confidentiality, accuracy and availability of the information we collect about you.
Control – We will always give you control over the data that we hold and the way that we contact you. You can choose the types of messages you receive and whether you want to stop receiving communications.
Information we collect about you
- Business contact information from initial contact, concept development and grant and donation making; including your name, organisation role, business address or personal address (if an individual), email address, telephone number.
- Details of your communications and interactions with the Samworth Foundation including those by email, telephone, and post.
- Copies of documents you provide for grant proposals.
- Images and photographs.
We collect Personal Data about you in various ways as follows:
- From your direct communications with us e.g. notes taken during meetings, phone calls, letters or email exchanges.
- From publicly accessible sources e.g. Companies House, Charity Commission.
- Directly from a third party e.g. other grant funders.
- From other people in your organisation.
- Photographs and images taken at meetings and events.
Under UK data protection law, we must have a valid basis for using your personal information and we may not collect store or use information other than as described in this policy. There are three ways we may have a valid basis for using your personal information:
- For performance of a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract including determining the terms on which we will provide our grant funding, updating our records and managing our relationship with you.
- Legal obligation: We have a legal obligation to store your personal information relating all grant-giving accounting periods in line with Charity Commission guidance, and financial regulations.
- Consent: Where appropriate the Foundation will look to share your personal data with other grant holders and use images and photographs taken at events and meetings for use on its website and within publications of reports and newsletters. Specific consent will be sought where necessary with details of how data and photographs will be used.
We use the personal information you provide to:
- Record your grant application, offer and manage the administration of grant funding.
- Contact you to discuss future funding opportunities.
- Provide you with assistance and support throughout the grant funding period.
- Update our website with grant funding awards, publish impact reports, newsletters, and internal reports.
- Share your contact details with other grant holders, when appropriate.
We respect your privacy and will not share your personal information with anyone outside of the Samworth Foundation without your consent. The information you provide will be accessed by Foundation staff and appointed consultants only.
Samworth Foundation uses a number of systems to manage its IT infrastructure and includes:
- Salesforce – to provide a secure cloud database system.
- Microsoft – to provide MS Office 365 facilities.
- In addition, the Foundation contracts with Bear-IT to provide IT support. Bear-IT have access to all the Foundation’s systems for the purposes of support and maintenance only. Their contract includes a data processing agreement which meets the standards of GDPR.
The Samworth Foundation will hold your personal data for a period of 6 years from the end of the grant contract in line with financial guidance and regulations. All data will be deleted after this period.
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
You provide us with details of what we can do with your data and have the right to manage your choices as detailed in ‘How we use your personal information’ above. You have the following rights:
- To know that your data is being processed.
- To access your personal data by making a Subject Access Request (SAR).
- To have your information corrected if inaccurate.
- To request that your data be erased, restrict processing, and object to processing.
By post: Samworth Foundation, Chetwode House, 1 Samworth Way, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 1GA
By email: [email protected]
In order to request a copy of the personal data that the Samworth Foundation holds about you, please send your request in writing to the above address. To enable us to verify your identity and process your request, you must include all of the following information and documentation with your request:
- Your full name.
- Your email address.
- Your business / personal address.
- A description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range.
- The date of the request.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact the Foundation office by email in the first instance.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on our website.
Data Protection Policy
This Policy will be reviewed annually, or as and when legislation changes.